Tuesday 9 December 2014

Equestrian Journey Blog Hop: What will you not do?

I have never been so sick of sitting down. My leg hurts and my hands are bruising from sticks of death (read: crutches). 

So today I'm participating in Equestrian Journeys' first blog hop! Today she asks 'What will you NOT do?'


Firstly I will not ride with an instructor who is blatantly rude, ignorant or not listening to me. I'm paying you to learn and to have an enjoyable time and if I feel uncomfortable, unsafe or disregarded on more than one occasion then theres a problem. I took one riding lesson with an instructor on holiday once who put me on a horse she randomly selected out of the field, saying "There he looks pretty - you can ride him today" (she also never asked my ability or assessed me at all). Needless to say we left that property pretty quickly, nearly tripping over random pieces of equipment left lying around the place, generally the horses didn't look that well cared for and the two staff the we saw were extremely rude. No thanks!

2 comments:

  1. Yes and the ones on their phones totally piss me of!!! I've audited for free at two clinics with the same instructor and she was on Facebook during walk breaks..... Not cool!

    Thanks for joining the hop!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh dear lord, yes! I don't mind if they use it to check the time or if they've got some sort of emergency with the vet, but other wise it's a big NO NO!!

      Thank for creating the hop! It was very enjoyable :)

      Delete

I love reading all your comments, advice, tips and tricks! Keep them coming :)