Sunday 23 August 2015

Horse hunting is hard!!

... And tiring, and time consuming but also super super addictive!! So, I've officially been horse hunting for 14 months (a year and two months, nearly three actually!) and still haven't found the right horse shaped creature :( There have been several very promising potentials though! But unfortunately they've all fallen through in one way or another (an injury that wasn't mentioned in the ad, under or over selling by the owner, or owners deciding to hang onto their ponies instead of selling them!) But by now I think I'm slightly qualified to run you through a brief list of some of the various perils of horse hunting!

"Smiles!"

For one, there aren't really any horses coming up for sale at the moment either. The amount of time I've spent scrolling through the same horse groups on Facebook, the listings on Horsezone and searching through gumtree, is embarrassing to say the least. Oh, and my phone battery isn't exactly my friend either "What do you mean you're out of charge again, it's only been like 4 hours on nonstop use wtf!?" oops.

"Talk to the tail"

The actual ads that owners write are another thing. The extraordinary amount of poorly written ads lacking basic spelling, grammar and punctuation, to the ones that don't include any information about the horse in question, or worse a combination of both, "Horze 4 sale. Pm 4 detils. Nice tipe Will b gon qickly". I mean they could be selling an awesome horse, but there is nothing about the ad that makes someone want to enquire about that horse! If anything it gives off a somewhat suspicious vibe that makes potential buyers want to stay clear away, just slightly counter productive if you ask me!

"No thanks."

 And a major pet peeve of mine, is when owners/sellers don't reply to messages, or take like 5 million years to reply. I mean if I've taken the time to send you a message asking about your horse, I'm obviously interested in him/her, and you're a) throwing away a potential home, and b) wasting my time. It's understandable if there are extraordinary circumstances (family emergency, accident, etc.) Otherwise don't do it! Even if you're busy and can't talk at the time, just a quick message to let me know that you've received my message and you'll get back to be later, would suffice.

Oh, and do I even need to mention the scammers out there?


"Um, scammers will not be tolerated."

And through all of this I've come to the conclusion I have a love-hate relationship with horse hunting, on one hand its entertaining and addictively fun (is it a word? Who knows, but now it is :P) but on the other is frustrating and pain staking! But I also know that *eventually* I will find the right horse creature, and the search and wait will have been worth it! Patience is a virtue kids!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading all your comments, advice, tips and tricks! Keep them coming :)