Thursday 27 November 2014

"Horse riding is easy, you just sit there!"

Ok, so I was talking a few people lately and they all had these 'misconceptions' about horse riding, horses and equestrians. So what I thought I'd do is TELL THEM THE FUCKING TRUTH. Because some of these are so blatantly ignorant, silly and just plain stupid! What I'll probably do is write about one per week/per post because I don't think I'd be able to write about more than one at a time XD


1. "Horse riding is easy, you just sit there! Also it's not a sport."

Let me try and be calm and rational here. Firstly what about horse riding looks 'easy'? The fact that we get a better workout riding for an hour than you do running for two? Riding a horse is a full body workout, it works more muscles than most other sports, also it's not just the riding, it's the grooming, tacking up, untacking, mucking out and other upkeep. Being an equestrian requires time, effort and COMMITMENT. You can't just ride once or twice and then leave, especially when you own one of the beasties :) Horse riding is also an OFFICIAL sport in the OLYMPICS, and defined by the dictionary as "A modern international sports competition, held once every four years". It's a SPORT competition, you can't compete in the olympics in a discipline that isn't a sport.

- End Rant -

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading all your comments, advice, tips and tricks! Keep them coming :)