Saturday 15 November 2014

Success! + Sweet and Sour News

So as you may or may not be aware I had my first 'barn training show jumping thingy' yesterday, and if I say so myself it was a success!

"Hai", Also this is not Wilfred.

My instructor swapped me onto a different horse in the morning, so instead of Biscuits I ended up riding Wilfred, very similar to Ms. Biscuits in size and shape (a few extra kilos there :') however vastly different in temperament and how he goes. It was my first time riding him, however we did do alright and managed to pull a 3rd overall! In our first round he ran out on jump 5a (8 jump course, at like 30 or 40cm) due to me not putting enough leg on him, and in our second round we knocked jump 7 because he has a tendency to forget about his back feet and I forgot to remind him they existed!

This, my friends, is Mr. Wilfred and moi. This is also proof that I actually get on a horse :')

Now I have a sweet and sour stale/news, on Thursday last week one of GV's broodmares gave birth to a gorgeous little palomino colt however late on Sunday night/early Monday morning Buffy (the mare) sadly passed away :( I don't know what caused it, or how it happened but I do know that the lovely little colt is now in a paddock separate to the rest of the broodmare herd with a surrogate mare. On the bright side the foal is doing fine, and he got is colustrum and vital first few days of nutrients from Buffy and all is looking well for him!

This gorgeous boy, is now orphaned :( That lovely golden rump was, since passed away, Buffy.
Photography credit to "F"




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading all your comments, advice, tips and tricks! Keep them coming :)